PyQt v4.8 Released
22 October 2010
PyQt v4.8 has been released. The highlight of this release is full support for Qt v4.7.
- Added support for Qt v4.7 including the new QtDeclarative module.
- pyqtProperty() can now be used as a method decorator in the same way that the standard Python property type can be used.
- Added the notify argument to pyqtProperty().
- Unbound signals can now be subscripted in the same way that bound signals can.
- Added the missing << operator to QPolygon, QPolygonF and QXmlStreamAttributes.
- PyQt will now automatically keep a reference to objects set with some sort of setter method when Qt expects the underlying C++ instance to stay valid but does not take ownership of it.
- Added the lightmaps.py and stardelegate.py examples from Hans-Peter Jansen.
- Added the --assume-shared option to configure.py.
- The QtAssistant module is no longer built with Qt v4.7 and later.