[Eric] Using subversion with Eric

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Aug 27 18:12:51 BST 2006

On Sunday 27 August 2006 18:59, Open Commerce wrote:
> Le Dimanche 27 Août 2006 18:52, Detlev Offenbach a écrit :
> > On Sunday 27 August 2006 18:16, Open Commerce wrote:
> > > OK,
> > >  very happy to know that svn work
> > >  cause of this page :
> > >  http://spyced.blogspot.com/2005/09/review-of-6-python-ides.html
> > >  **SVN is ostensibly supported, but didn't work for us
> > >
> > >  So, thank you for answered so speedy to my question.
> > >  I have an apache repository at http://svn.open-commerce.org/svn and,
> > > at this time, I don't have any file inside this one(I just finish my
> > > programing documentation ) . So I wan't to create a new version
> > > controlled project.
> > >
> > >  Step by step what I do :
> > >  - start Eric3 (V. 3.9.1)
> > >  - Project -> New :
> > >      - Project Name : Open Commerce
> > >      - Progr. Language : Python
> > >      - Mixed Programming : None
> > >      - UI Type : Qt
> > >      - Project Dir. : /home/open-commerce/Version : 0.1
> > >      - Main script : ''
> > >      - Translation Prefix : ''
> > >      - Author : Brice LEROY
> > >      - Email : brice at open-commerce.org
> > >      - Description : GPL Small Business Software
> > >  - Add existing files to project ? No
> > >  - Select version system for the project : subversion
> > >  - Repository info :
> > >     - Protocol : http:
> > >     - Log : new project started
> > >     - Create standart repository layout : True
> > >     - Would you like to edit the VCS command option ? Yes - but I don't
> > > know what write ! maybe my problem is here because my repository
> > > require authentification on write action , so I push ok button -
> >
> > At this point a subversion dialog should appear. What does the subversion
> > dialog tell you?
>
> I don't understand you're question. is there another dialog should appear
> (I just have option dialog and, after pushing ok, the error dialog)? the
> only dialog that appear to me say that :
> "The project could not be created in the repository. Maybe the given
> repository doesn't exist or the repository server is down." and nothing
> more.

Yes, indeed. There should pop up a dialog, that shows the progress of the
import action. What is going in the background is, that a new project
including the directory structure is generated and this is imported into the
repository.

In your other mail you said, that you already have the repository set up
(which I checked in the meantime). In order to create a project, you either
checkout the project (Project -> Version Control -> New from repository...)
or you just create a new project entering the existing project directory.
Answer the question to add all existing files with yes or add them manually
later on.

I just checked both methods with your repository and they work over here.

Detlev

detlev at die-offenbachs.de