[Eric] Possible Bug

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Aug 31 16:44:07 BST 2006

On Wednesday 30 August 2006 19:58, Douglas Soares de Andrade wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Im running the attached script in konsole, wingide and it is working great.
> When i try to run it in eric3-snapshot 20060827 it stops with the following
> exception:
>
> The debugged program raised the exception unhandled AttributeError
> "AsyncFile instance has no attribute 'readinto'"
> File: /home/douglas/test-rawinput.py, Line: 16
>
> Is it really a bug ?

The attached script uses sys.stdin.readinto. I cannot find this in the Python
2.4 documentation. In order to understand the problem you have to know the
way the debugger works. sys.stdin (and the others) is redirected to the
socket connection to the IDE, if you check the box "Redirect stdin/stdout" in
the Debugger configuration dialog. To get highest possible independance, you
can have the IDE start the debugger in a konsole window (see the debugger
configuration page). If you enable this and disable the stdin/stdout
redirection, you have the interactivity of a Python shell and are able to
debug your script.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de