[Eric] A couple of RFEs

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Dec 10 08:47:19 GMT 2006

On Saturday 09 December 2006 21:29, Caleb J. Howard wrote:
> (RFE=Request For Enhancement) Eric4 snapshot 20061112
>
> Hi again!  A couple of things which may reflect more my ignorance than
> something missing from Eric4:
>
> 1)  It would be nice in the abundant preferences if there were a place
> to set default paths to my source tree, so that when I click "Open
> Project", I wouldn't need to navigate from my home dir down to my source
> tree.

The last nine projects worked on are stored and are available in the Project
menu, open recent projects.

> 2)  It would also be nice if, upon opening a project, the editor states
> were the same as they were when I closed Eric4.  I have five files
> opened in my current project, for example, and it would be great, when I
> started Eric4 and opened that project, if those five files were to
> reopen the way I left them.

That is called a session in eric[34]. The behavior is configurable on the
project page of the configuration dialog. If you enable "Load session upon
openening" and "Save session upon closing" the open editors and more info is
stored/loaded.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de