[Eric] a couple of bugs in preferences?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Dec 13 18:44:58 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 08:12, Caleb J. Howard wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> So, I've been looking through the preferences.  Forgive me if these
> issues are known, or my misunderstanding.
>
> in snapshot 20061112:
>
> - Setting the Project Preferences option to "Automatically compile saved
> forms", "Load session upon opening", and "Save session upon closing"
> fails to remain set after I close and reopen eric4.

It works over here. Please check the directory ~/.config and subdirectories
for a lock file, that might cause this.

> - manually setting those options by text-editing  the file:
> ~/.config/Eric4/eric4.conf:

>     [Project]
>     AutoCompileForms=1                           <-  changed from 0 to 1
>     AutoCompileResources=0
>     AutoIncludeNewFiles=0
>     AutoLoadDbgProperties=0
>     AutoLoadSession=1                              <- changed from 0 to 1
>     AutoSaveDbgProperties=0
>     AutoSaveSession=1                               <- changed from 0 to 1
>     Colour\Highlighted=#ff0000
>     Colour\VcsAdded=#0000ff
>     Colour\VcsConflict=#ff0000
>     Colour\VcsModified=#ffff00
>     Colour\VcsUpdate=#00ff00
>     CompressedProjectFiles=0
>     SearchNewFiles=0
>     SessionAllBreakpoints=1                       <- changed from 0 to 1
>     XMLTimestamp=1
>
> ... makes the UI toggles show those settings on restarting eric4, but
> doesn't seem to actually do those actions.

I'll check this.

> - Setting the Editor->General->Reopen automatically option doesn't
> reopen any of my files.  The preference option does get saved to the
> eric4.conf file, though, unlike the above options.

Reopen automatically means, that the editor rereads a file, that was changed
outside eric4, without asking.

>  From Detlev's most recent reply to my RFEs, I was expecting eric4 to
> reload my project on launch, and reopen my editor sessions as well, but
> even with these preferences set, I get an empty eric4 when I start.  I
> can open the recent projects alright, but the editor window remains empty.

The project itself is not loaded automatically. However, if you open a
project, it's session file should get loaded and any file listed in there
should be opened. The session file has a .e4s extension. Maybe you can check,
if such a file exists in parellel to the project file and contains the
session info.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de