[Eric] autocompleting feature

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Tue Dec 19 22:35:14 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have one question, and Wiki is not working (neither today, neither
yesterday):
http://ericide.python-hosting.com/wiki/
http://ericide.python-hosting.com/wiki/Doc

Maybe the question is answered there. I am using Eric3 and Qt4 and
everything works fine, but I am not completly satisfied with
auto-completing feature.

For example, I have:
self.ui.label.setText("Hello world")
(so is a label, etc. etc.)

If I write:
self.ui.p<Ctrl+Space> i would expect a list with pushButton and
pushButton2. But nothing appears (as this objects has not been used
before).

Or if I write:
self.ui.label.s<Ctrl+Space> I would expect all methods from label
starting with s, but only some of them appears (I guess that words used
before in this document?)

My configuration is:
-Autocompletion: Enabled, Thresold 2, from API files
-Calltips enabled (not sure what is it, but wiki not working now).
Visible calltips: I tried -1 and 0
-API's: I think that maybe here is the error. I have nothing. What file
i have to add? I don't see any *.api interesting file.

I am using Debian.

I am new in Eric, I am surprised that there isn't lot of messages in
mailing list (I checked the archives). I have been using Python+Qt3
(using qtdesigner as text editor) and then Python+Qt4 (using vim). It
seems that Eric will help me a lot, thanks! Even, I have done some
little speech about Pyqt (I used Qt3 and editing with qtdesigner). Next
time I will use Eric, for sure!

Thanks!

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona