[Eric] A number of eric problems

Daryl Dusheiko daryld at magtech.com.au
Wed Dec 20 05:11:38 GMT 2006

I have a few issues to report and a few questions:

(*) When I open an existing project or create a new project no folders
or files are listed in the Project-Viewer. I've tried adding files, and
adding directories.
(*) Even though I uninstall the previous version of eric, delete the
.eric4 file from my home directory and re-install eric when I go to the
project->open recent projects all my old projects are remembered, where
is this information being saved?

(*) When I start eric I get a screen full of:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/UI/BrowserSortFilterProxyModel.py",
line 51, in lessThan
    l = left.model() and left.model().item(left) or None
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/UI/BrowserModel.py", line
214, in item
    return self.item_dict[index.internalId()]
KeyError: -1244827380L
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/UI/BrowserModel.py", line
79, in data
    return QVariant(self.item_dict[index.internalId()].getIcon())
KeyError: -1244827604L
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/UI/BrowserModel.py", line
74, in data
    item = self.item_dict[index.internalId()]
KeyError: -1244827604L

(*) I reported this problem a few months ago in the PyKDE mailing list,
it's still not working so I thought I'd post it here.
> This email follows on from my edge mode fault report sent 11/10/2006.
>
> Tab characters in the line seem to affect where the edge mode marker or
> highlighted text is shown.
>
> Eric is setup as follows:
>  - Default encoding utf8
> - Tab width & Indentation width = 4
> - Default text font = Default text
> - Monospaced font = Monospaced text, use monospaced font = checked
> - Set edge mode line length to 80 characters, set to change background
> colour
>
> I did the following tests:
> (*) Made a few lines which are 80 characters long - the edge mode
> indicators on all lines were at column 80 and all vertically inline.
> (*) Made a few lines which are 80 characters long and included some tab
> characters - the edge mode indicators on all lines were at column 80 (as
> indicated on the status bar) but were not all vertically inline, this
> occurred at different spacing depending on how many tabs were in the line.
>
> If edge mode is used with a solid line, the line is never shown at the
> correct column.

(*) The versions I've installed are, there were installed in the order
specified in the eric readme file:
Python 2.5
Qt 4.2.0
Version Numbers