*** GMX Spamverdacht *** [Eric] Subversion-Access

Christof Hanke hanke at rzg.mpg.de
Tue Sep 5 13:37:31 BST 2006

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 05.09.06 10:49:59, Christof Hanke wrote:
>
>>I have a problem with subversion using https with authentication.
>>Probably my mistkae, but here we go...
>>
>>The repository is published by apache2 and can be viewed under
>>https://server/repos/<RepositoryName>
>>
>>On the command-line, svn info . brings up as URL just
>>"https://server/repos/<RepositoryName>", which is to be expected.
>>
>>If I create a new Project with "Repository has standard layout" checked,
>>I get the error
>>"https://server/repos/<RepositoryName>/trunk does not exist"
>>Why is "trunk" added to it ?
>

> Because that is what "Repository has standard layout" means, i.e. you
> have:
>
> <repos>/trunk
> <repos>/branches
> <repos>/tags
>
> See the subversion book for reasons to follow this layout.

Of course. Thanks.

>>If I uncheck the "Repository has standard layout" box, then I do get the
>>files, but the project itself is marked as "The project is not version
>>controlled." :-(
>

> That's bad, but I have no idea why that happens.

Well, I just have to dig a bit deeper there, I try to add some logging
code, but this might take time, because I've never really looked at the
eric. But feel free to send me patches to try out, if you get an idea.

>>* If I type in a local directory which does not exists, the directory is
>>created, but the svn-checkout is not performed.
>

> There's no checkout needed. I.e. if you create a directory locally and
> add it to the version control (and check this in) you don't need to
> check it out afterwards.  SVN already knows it's under version control
> and will update it if needed.

OK, sorry my statement was misleading. I meant the local Directory in
the context Project->Version Control->Subversion->Project Directory.
But now, it seems to work. Strange this, I need to investigate this further.

>>* It would be really nice, to have a "back"-button in case of creating a
>>project from a Repository and this fails, because it kind of tedious to type in
>>the servername and Directory all over again (with a differnt typo this time ;-)
>

> Well,  a back button would need to remove the existing directory from
> the repository, if it created one. Should be rather easy to do, unless
> I'm overlooking something.

Hmm, maybe I understand that whole thing wrong. But when I create a
project from a repository I do not change the repository at this point,
  do I? I thought all, this does is an initial checkout.

> Andreas

Christof