[Eric] Feature Request: "Back"-Button in New Project from repos.

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Sep 5 19:07:57 BST 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 15:44, Christof Hanke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I create a new project from a svn-repository, and the initial
> checkout fails, I get an empty project and the information in the dialog
> is lost. thus, I have to type in all info again....
> Is it possible to keep the dialog open after the initial checkout and
> insert a "back" button, so that in case of a mistake I can go back to
> the dialog to change the svn-data like URL, protocol and so on ?
> This would be great!
>
> Christof

I am rethinking the project generation stuff (with or without vcs) for eric4.
Currently I am thinking about something like a "New Project" wizard.
Currently (eric3) it works like this.

Project -> New is used to start a new project, which might be version
controlled. The process asks various questions and performs the corresponding
action. There is no way back. If you select to use a version control system,
the project will be imported into the given reposiotry, removed locally and
checked out of the repository.

If you already have a project in the repository, you select Project -> Version
Control -> New from repository (or Export from repository). That creates a
local project from the repository, that is connected to the repository
(checkout) or disconnected (export).

detlev at die-offenbachs.de