[Eric] Character data not allowed outside root element

François Wautier eric at fwconsult.com
Fri Sep 8 12:04:46 BST 2006

Hi,

I was happily using Eric 3.8.2 when I decided that instead of coding I would
rather update to Eric 3.9.0.

Since I use a Gentoo distribution and there were no "ebuild" for that version
of eric, I setup my own (quite simple actually) and pronounced the required
incantations

Suffice to say the install went alright and that in the process pyxml was
updated to 0.8.4

I started eric and tried to load a project..

I got

====================
Fatal Error
/some/path/to/a/project//Project.e3p
Line: 75, Column: 3
Character data not allowed outside root element
====================

Now... Line 75 happens to be the very last line of the .e3p file containing
the closing tag "</Project>"

I googled around but the few references I found do  not seem to exactly fit
the problem I have.

I also noticed that can I create a project but can't add a file/directory to
it. There is no error message, but the file/directory seems simply ignored

Has anyone encountered this problem... Better has anyone solved it? Are there
other files to update ? (API files for example?)

Cheers,
	François