[Eric] eric 4 discussion

jul j.vienne at libertysurf.fr
Tue Sep 26 19:41:17 BST 2006

Hi Detlev and all,

The eric4 interface looks beautiful!
Your icon management is much easier to use and gives more space for editor frame. This is great !
I have little suggestions, just details to discuss :)
- Concerning python shell, I personaly think it would be better to allow user writting only on the last current line. I
often insert instruction line by mistake on upper line and python doesn't read it. Do you thing it is possible to
reproduce exatly the standard shell behavior ?
- Always with shell, I have some problem with key mapping. Many of the standard keys are not correctly defined : Return,
Delete, Suppr...Not blaming you, I just try to understand why I lost the standard shortkeys.
- I'm always very interested by intergrated console in eric. I didn't really understand why the pyconsole project is not
integrable into eric4, but maybe you could suggest what have to be done for that. I don't really know what to say to
logilab team...
- I now really use eric3 for multi-languages projects: Python, R, ksh, C are the languages I use every day. Since I
don't use at all the standard source classification (source/UI/ressources..), all my codes are tagged as 'other'. This
is a little annoying because usefull functions like "Search in file" can't be applied to the 'other' files. Maybe the
source classification could be more flexible. Language classification or something like that.

I'm still working on translation.
Many thanks for your great work. I now recommand eric to everyone I meet in the street :)

++
Jul.