[Eric] Important keys disabled on WinXP

Julien Cynober julien.cynober at free.fr
Thu Dec 20 13:01:59 GMT 2007

Hi,

I just installed eric4 on two WinXP computers (my home laptop and my office
desktop), from the "PyQt v4 GPL for Windows and Python v2.5" binary package
(PyQt-Py2.5-gpl-4.3.3-1.exe). Unfortunately, I couldn't use it because pressing
some keys of the keyboard, including 'enter' and 'backspace', simply had no
effect. It was just impossible to enter any single line of text.
Eric4 seems to be the only app of the package to be affected by this bug, since
I could launch the PyQt4 example files, or write et run simple PyQt4 apps
without trouble.