[Eric] basic workflow

Jake B otakuj462 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 18:39:39 GMT 2007

Hi,
This may sound like a silly question, but I'm having trouble using
eric4 to fulfill a basic python workflow, namely creating a new module
inside of a particular package.
If I were working in PyDev+Eclipse,  I would right-click anywhere in
the project explorer, and from the context menu either select New -->
File, and the new python module is then instantiated in the directory
in the tree where I right-clicked.
In eric4, I am able to create packages in a similar fashion, but
unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to create new modules as easily
as above. The closest I have been able to come to this is to create a
new empty file, enter some text in it, save it somewhere, right click
on the project explorer, select Add Source File, enter the path to my
newly-saved file in the Source Files field, enter the path to the
module in which I would like to save in the Target Directory field,
and then click OK.
Is there an easier way to fulfill this very common task?
Please let me know. Thanks.

Jake