[Eric] Eric4 autocomplete/calltips features.

Anthony Boudouvas anthony-b at mediatel.gr
Mon Dec 31 09:30:11 GMT 2007

Hi,

I re-submit the email, the original didn't make it to the list :)

So, I want to ask this:

I am using Eric4 (latest snapshot) and let's say we type this code:

class Person(object):
    def __init__(self,  name,  age):
        self.name = name
        self.age = age

    def test(self,  pa,  pb):
        # do something with parameters pa and pb

me = Person("anthony",  36)
me.test(

I expect to see the parameters list when I type "me.test(" but I do not. I
also thought that I would be able to see the "test" method when I type "me."
on a list (autocompletion list) but I also do not. I tried Ctrl-Space and
the other combinations to no avail)
I have enabled autocompletion and calltips on Eric4 Configuration dialog, is
there something else I can do ?

I observed that if I write once the "me.test()", the IDE remembers it and
next time is will show up in a list but is there a way to have, let's say, a
PyDev respective behavior in Eric ?