[Eric] Script not running in Eric3

Martin Luessi mluessi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 02:11:38 GMT 2007

On 1/18/07, Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 18 January 2007 04:44, Martin Luessi wrote:

> > > Do you have a Python prompt in your shell window? If not please start
> > > eric in a terminal window and check, if there is some unexpected output.
> >
> > No, there is no Python prompt in the shell window. Today I tried
> > recompiling PyQt and reinstalled eric3, but it didn't help. Also,
> > there are absolutely no error messages when I start eric3 from a
> > terminal. I saw that the eric3 homepage says it requires PyQt v3.6 but
> > I think this has to be a mistake, the latest version seems to be 3.17,
> > which I have installed. Could the fact that I'm running eric3 on 64
> > bit system (AMD64) be causing problems? However, all libraries etc.
> > are compiled for 64 bit, so it shouldn't be a problem.. I hope.
> >

> Your setup seems to be fine. Actually eric3 is working over here on a 64 bit
> system with latest versions without problem.
>
> Is there any output in the stdout or stderr window. If there is nothing please
> open the file "UI/UserInterface.py" and comment lines 452 and 453 to read
>
> #        sys.stdout = self.stdout
> #        sys.stderr = self.stderr
>
> and start eric3 again in a terminal window.

Thanks for your help so far but unfortunately the problem is still not
resolved. There is absolutely no output on stdout or stderr. I
modified UserInterface.py as you recommended, although the lines are
433 and 434 on my installation. Sadly this doesn't change anything,
there are still no error messages when I start eric3 from the console,
also the stdout and stderr windows are still empty.

Martin