[Eric] Eric 4.0.0 windows QT tools problem

Laurent Dufréchou Laurent.Dufrechou at free.fr
Thu Jun 7 20:04:50 BST 2007

Hello Detlev,

I've just tried your last 4.0.0 eric release. That was a bit hard (under
windows) but finally it works!
(I had to add 'QMAKE_CFLAGS_THREAD =' in qmake.conf(!).)

I'm trying to naviguate around the menu and I've found a bug.
Well... don't know if it's a bug, perhaps a misuse of the GUI...
If i want to launch designer via Extras/Tools/Designer... I've got this
message:
Window title: Process Generation Error
Text: Could not start Qt-Designer.
Ensure that it is available as bin\designer.exe

The fact is that designer.exe is in my path variable and also I've set
QT4DIR to e:\QT\4.3.0\ (i've also tried e:\QT\4.3.0\bin). No way to make
it launch designer...
:(

Moreover at work, I've selected Export Qt4 Directory entered above in
preferences/QT menu and the application won't start anymore.
I've launch eric4-config.bat and hopefully it restored the situation!<-
Is this OK?

Any idea on how to make tools work under windows??

Thanks a lot for all your work!

Laurent