[Eric] Eric 4.0.0 windows QT tools problem

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Jun 10 15:42:52 BST 2007

On Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2007, Laurent Dufréchou wrote:
> Hello Detlev,
>
> I've just tried your last 4.0.0 eric release. That was a bit hard (under
> windows) but finally it works!
> (I had to add 'QMAKE_CFLAGS_THREAD =' in qmake.conf(!).)
>
> I'm trying to naviguate around the menu and I've found a bug.
> Well... don't know if it's a bug, perhaps a misuse of the GUI...
> If i want to launch designer via Extras/Tools/Designer... I've got this
> message:
> Window title: Process Generation Error
> Text: Could not start Qt-Designer.
> Ensure that it is available as bin\designer.exe
>
> The fact is that designer.exe is in my path variable and also I've set
> QT4DIR to e:\QT\4.3.0\ (i've also tried e:\QT\4.3.0\bin). No way to make
> it launch designer...
>
> :(
>
> Moreover at work, I've selected Export Qt4 Directory entered above in
> preferences/QT menu and the application won't start anymore.
> I've launch eric4-config.bat and hopefully it restored the situation!<-
> Is this OK?
>
> Any idea on how to make tools work under windows??

That is a bug on win32. It will be fixed in the next release. If you have Qt3
installed next to Qt4, should have two designer actions/menu entries. One for
the Qt4 variant and one for the Qt3 one. However, due to the bug in
UserInterface.py, the Qt4 related designer action is not generated. This just
happens on win32.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de