[Eric] Eric4 on Ubuntu

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 12 20:23:09 BST 2007

On 12.06.07 15:22:22, Flavio Coelho wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Anyone managed to get Eric4 on Ubuntu feisty yet?
>
> They don't have Qscintilla2  on their server so it gets impossible to
> install eric4

Huh? Just compile it from sources. Did that here without a problem, its
also possible to install QScintilla2 files into a dir other than the Qt4
dir so you don't clutter your /usr.

> On a related note, If I want to update GUI code developed with Eric3 to Qt4,
> will it be enough to recompile all the forms in Eric4 to get the python
> import lines updated to Qt4?

No. There are substantial changes between Qt3 and Qt4, you have to go
through your code and adopt to those changes.

Andreas

--
Excellent time to become a missing person.