[Eric] activating version control support

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 21 00:34:55 BST 2007

On 20.06.07 20:15:16, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just opened an eric3 project that was checked out from svn.
> > Unfortunately I had still selected "client according to project" under
> > the version control settings and thus when eric imported the project he
> > couldn't load "Subversion" Support (don't know why, only PySvn, which I
> > already installed, works).
>
> Any idea why subversion support didn't work? Is the svn executable in the
> path? You can test this with the "Show external tools" dialog. It searches
> for the executables of all external tools supported by eric4.

Hmm, I don't want to start the windows box just for checking, so I'll
say: it may be that the svn executable was not in PATH, but I'm not
sure. Anyway under linux it shows up under the show external tools
dialog.

The only thing that I'd recommend: Let the user know why Subversion
support was disabled, i.e. if you get a "couldn't execute svn" or didn't
find svn binary let the user know that.

> > Now after having the project open there's no
> > way to re-activate version control support (or lets say I couldn't find
> > anything). I had to hand-edit the .e4p file to activate it.
>
> I'll look into this and try to come up with a method to reenable VCS support.

Thanks.

Andreas

--
An exotic journey in downtown Newark is in your future.