[Eric] Font settings in preferences dialog

Jürgen Urner jUrner at arcor.de
Tue Jun 26 19:23:11 BST 2007

I thought I'd just give some feedback on my first impression when adjusting
the editor font via prefrences dialog.

I was assuming that adjusting the editor font via Editor --> Style
was adjusting the default font for hilighters aswell. And the special
settings for hilighters would overwrite this default.

Then I found out that this is actually done by hitting the "All Fonts"
button in
the hilighter preferences.

Still wondering what the purpose of this distinction is. Why would I
want to have a
different font for hilightable vs. non-hilightabke files?

And if I would want this - could it not be achieved more easily by
adding a hilighter
"Unknown" for files with no hilighter available to verwrite the default
setting?

Jürgen