[Eric] Eric 3.9.4, FreeBSD-6.2-p5 & XMing 6.9.0.24, font problems

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Fri Jun 29 15:53:56 BST 2007

Hello, Eric!

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:36:16 +0200 Eric Masson wrote:

> I've just installed Eric 3.9.4 from ports on a FreeBSD-6.2 box and I'm
> trying to use the application on a remote WinXP box running X11 server
> XMing 6.9.0.24.

> All characters in the windows are replaced by squares as shown on the
> following screenshot :
> http://emss.free.fr/contents/informatique/Eric/Eric.jpg

> Other applications on the FreeBSD box that export their displays to the
> WinXP machine (XEmacs Mule mainly) work fine.

> Any idea ?

Seems that there are no Qt fonts (at your FONTPATH) for the locale you
are using. For a FreeBSD box I'd suggest to remove/rename ~/.qt[3]
directory and see if it helps. But for XMing...

You may be more successfull if asking at freebsd-x11 at FreeBSD.org ML.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve