[Eric] 3rd party modules.

"ΑΝΤΩΝΗΣ ΜΠΟΥΝΤΟΥΒΑΣ" aboudouvas at vodafone.net.gr
Sat Sep 1 00:18:48 BST 2007

Hi Detlev,

Xmm...Ok, i see.
So, i did create a test project, load my .py file in it, save the project and create .api file from Project menu.
That seems to work fine, i installed that .api file in Preference/Editor/Api and now i can reference that api file from another project and get intellisene for it. Nice!
(I hope that this is the *correct* procedure to generate .api files)

some questions though:
a. As i saw from eric4-api.py, i can generate api files from .py, .pyw and .ptl. No support for pyd files, correct ?

b. In Preference/Editor/API, is it better to uncheck the "Compile APIs automatically" check box ? And every time we "load" an api file in that screen we must do a "Compile API" action, correct  ?

c. In Settings we have the "Reload APIs" command. What exactly is doing this ?

Thanks again!

PS: I hope your vacations were good. For me (i live in Greece and we have these fires all over the place here) is rather bad this summer...