[Eric] Re: eric 4.1.1 interactive python console problem

Melissa melissalrice at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 9 22:57:17 BST 2008

I am having the same socket error (see traceback below) on my recent
installation of Eric4 on Windows Vista upon launching. In the configuration
panel: Debugger > General (Part 1), I have selected:

Only selected network interface: 127.0.0.1
Passive Debugger is unchecked
Remote Debugger is unchecked

Nothing is checked on the General (Part 2) configuration page.

The problem does not seem to be the firewall since I deactivated the firewall
and launched Eric4 and have the same error message.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Here's the traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\apps\Python\Lib\site-packages\eric4\DebugClients\Python\
DebugClientThreads.py",line 194, in ?
    debugClient.main()
  File
"C:\apps\Python\Lib\site-packages\eric4\DebugClients\Python\DebugClientBase.py",
line 1899, in main
    self.connectDebugger(port, remoteAddress, redirect)
  File
"C:\apps\Python\Lib\site-packages\eric4\DebugClients\Python\DebugClientBase.py",
line 980, in connectDebugger
    sock.connect((DebugAddress,port))
  File "<string>", line 1, in connect
socket.error: (10061, 'Connection refused')

Thanks,

Melissa