[Eric] Re: debugger and zipped eggs

G Jones glenn.caltech at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 20:46:03 BST 2008

Hello,
I can recreate the problem with a file that simply contains:
import pkg_resources

The problem seems to be occuring on line 1659 of pkg_resources.py
which looks like:
for entry in os.listdir(path_item):
This raises an OSError exception "(2, 'No such file or directory',
'/home/glenn/Sample Project')"

I added a print path_item statement and a print os.listdir(path_item)
statement, and the first one shows my project directory (which
certainly exists) and the second gives the same error, that my project
directory does not exist. What really confuses me is that when I set a
break point at the line in question, I can type os.listdir(path_item)
into the shell and it gives me the correct listing of the directory.
Is there some way that the shell can be in a different context than
the running program even though the variables seem to be the same??

Thanks for any help solving this problem.
Glenn