[Eric] PyQt4 code completion in Eric

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Apr 27 09:36:04 BST 2008

On Samstag, 26. April 2008, Andrea Grandi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally was able to enable code completion for PyQt4 classes. They
> were in another location, not parsed by Eric, they are all installed
> in /usr/share/eric/APIs/ and they're provided by this package on
> Ubuntu: eric-api-files
>
> Anyway I've to notice a little bug: In Editor -> Autocompletion, it
> doesn't make difference if I enable "Case Sensitive" or not, in both
> cases I need to type code in the correct case to have it
> auto-completed. Is this a known bug?

It's not a bug, it's a feature. The QScintilla 2 docs say "This is ignored
when the auto-completion source is an installed API as the corresponding
language determines the case sensitivity." According to the QScintilla2
sources, it is ignored, if a lexer has been installed (i.e. a language for
the editor has been selected or determined automatically).

Detlev

detlev at die-offenbachs.de