[Eric] Question about imported modules and paths in Eric4

Robert Cheatham robertcheatham at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 03:18:01 GMT 2008

I'm trying to use Eric4 for python debugging in Linux

I'm having a problem with imported modules.  These modules are found
somewhere in our system's path variables (not sure where).  The project I'm
trying to debug works fine when run from the command line (and when debugged
under pdb), but Eric4 apparently doesn't pick up the environment from the
shell in which it was started, so an error is thrown when attempting to
import certain modules.

I'm used to working on Visual Studio, so my first instinct was to just copy
the information from the path variables into the the path variable in the
Eric4 project.  I can't figure out how to do this.  Is there a way to get
Eric4 to either pick up the environment variables from the shell or to
transfer the path information so that Eric4 can use it?

Using Eric4 v4.2.3 (r2620) on KDE 7.

Thank you.