[Eric] trouble with source editor

Jaime Seuma jaims.seuma at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 18:05:04 BST 2008

Hello

I've found something strange. Not completely sure wether it is a bug or
something with the ide config.
I'm using eric4-4.2-snapshot-20080615 on windows xp.

If I create a fresh new document and I type anything, or if I edit an
existing file, I can't use the backspace or delete keys; they simply
don't work.
Same with cursor keys and some others (home...). Enter key not always
working, either.

There's a red square surrounding the word, and the forementioned keys
don't work, it's like the editor is frozen (which isn't), you can't see
any result when stroking these keys, but still you can type more text,
stroke the enter key...

I have found warnings of the sort 'QAction::eventFilter: Ambiguous
shortcut overload: xxx' happening as I strive with the document hitting
ctl-z, etc

The thing is that if I uninstall this snapshot and install 4.4.1.7, it
works fine.

Is this related with the 'turkish locale' issue seen recently on the list?
Any ideas?