[Eric] Debug Console Command Prefs >Re: hello and help

Tim Rue eric3seas at abstractionphysics.net
Sun Jul 20 17:46:55 BST 2008

Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Sonntag, 20. Juli 2008, Tim Rue wrote:
>
>> Detlev Offenbach wrote:

>>> Try setting the debugger options for "Console debugger"
>>> (Debugger->General (Part 2)). Maybe you should disable the redirect
>>> checkbox as well (Debugger->Python).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Detlev
>>>
>> Detlev, this does not work and I'm puzzled by it.
>> But its good to know it is suppose to, as that is the way I set things
>> in eric4, as I did in eric3.
>>
>> I again installed eric3 as a comparison and it seems to work ok,
>> [snip - see thread]
>> best,
>> Tim
>>

> I just tested it and it works over here. What I did was:
>
> 1. On Debugger->General (Page 2) enabled "Start debugger in console window".
> 2. On same page entered "konsole -e" in "Console Command".
>
> Note: The redirection checkbox is irrelevant in this situation.
>
> Regards,
> Detlev

For the Mailing list.

This works and allows starting eric4 from the menu as an "application"
rather than an "application in a terminal."
Konsole is of course a KDE based application. So for use on Gnome based
Ubuntu there is KDE overhead to load.

Detlev got me started , as I did not understand possible Console Commands.
Now I have it set up with Console Commands using the lower overhead xterm:

xterm -rv -bc -fn '-*-courier-bold-r-normal--*-130-*-*-*-*-*-*'
-geometry 80x10+280+1000 -e

see x(7) man page for details of above options and the xterm man page
for the "-e" option

Thanks Detlev, I like it as it gives me the ability to better optimize
my dev space.

Tim