[Eric] Re: Files opening in external editor.

J. David Lee johnl at cs.wisc.edu
Sun May 18 16:39:00 BST 2008

Detlev Offenbach <detlev at ...> writes:

> On Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2008, J. David Lee wrote:
> > I have a project with python,HTML, and javascript files. The python and
> > HTML files open correctly in eric4, but when I click on a javascript file,
> > it is opened in an external editor. Is there a simple way to fix this?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > J. David Lee

> Which eric4 version are you using? What is the mime type of javascript files?
> (It should start with text/...)
>
> Regards,
> Detlev

Detlev,

Thank you for your reply. I'm using eric 4.1.1(r1972), which is the version in
the Ubuntu repositories. I don't understand what you mean by mime type in this
context, the files are ascii text, on my local machine with a .js extension.
Under "Project" -> "Filetype Associations" I've set "*.js" as "sources".

Some of the files, when double clicked in the project-viewer, don't open at all,
and some open in an external editor. It looks like only those files that start
with a c-style comment are opened.

Thank you,

J. David Lee