[Eric] Why does Rope sometimes not find a definition?

Ali Gholami Rudi aligrudi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 16:47:19 GMT 2008

Hi Detlev,

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 05:05:02PM +0100, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Sonntag, 2. November 2008, Ali Gholami Rudi wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 09:41:34AM +0000, OldGrantonian wrote:
> > > How do I enable DOA?
> >
> > I'm not sure how to do that in eric.  Detlev?
>
> That's not supported by eric yet because of it's slowness, as Ali already
> said. Ali, how could a DOA run be started while the project is open in eric?

from rope.base import libutils

def run_doa(project, path):
	resource = libutils.path_to_resource(project, path)
	# you can redirect std(in|out|err) or give args using parameters
	process = project.pycore.run_module(resource)
	# see rope.base.oi.doa.PythonFileRunner for other methods;
	# like process.kill_process() if it needs to be run
	# asynchronously
	process.wait_process()

But I'm not sure running rope commands while DOA is running is
thread-safe.

Regards,
Ali