[Eric] Eric4 and interactive PyQwt Plots

Darryl Wallace darryl.wallace at prosensus.ca
Fri Nov 7 17:10:03 GMT 2008

Hello,

Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 24. September 2008, Darryl Wallace wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I think this has been asked many times before, but is there a way to
>> easily get the interactive CLI plotting working within the Eric4 shell?
>>
>> I am trying to convince some coworkers that we can avoid purchasing
>> Matlab.  Since the Eric4  IDE is so nice, all that's missing for me is the
>> plotting (more or less).  I have the interactive plotting working from
>> those posted on the website for PyQwt CLI examples
>> (http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/cli-examples.html) for the standard Python
>> console, but it appears as though environment variables and things I have
>> set up do not transfer to the ERIC shell.
>>

> You can set the environment for the script to debug in the start window. In
> there you can ammend the environment or replace it. Another thing you might
> try is to enable the console debugger (Debugger->General page or
> Project-Debugger->Debugger Properties to set it on a per project base).
>
> Detlev

I tried setting the environment with a script I have in my home folder
called ".pystartup.py"  (attached).  In Settings-> Preferences ->
Debugger -> General -> "Enviornment for Debug Client"  I set replace
environment with this script.  "/home/darryl/.pystartup.py"

The first test I did was I put print statements in the script to see if
they come up in the shell.  So they aren't.  I dunno, am I doing it wrong??

I've set this script to be my python environment under my bashrc script
and everything works fine there.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
darryl