[Eric] Re: [Eric4.2.1] Django configuration button does not active

oso che bol ndlgroup1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 16:56:47 BST 2008

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Detlev Offenbach
<detlev at die-offenbachs.de>wrote:

> On Freitag, 3. Oktober 2008, oso che bol wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Detlev Offenbach
> >
> > <detlev at die-offenbachs.de>wrote:

> > > install

> required
> > >
> > > That has nothing to do with your problem. It just means, that eric
> didn't
> > > install it's API files in the default path, because that couldn't be
> > > detected. Did you install the plugin via the Plugin Installation
> dialog?
> >
> > Yes, i do install via Plugin Installation dialog.
> >
> > > Could it be possible, that you have two eric4 installations on your
> > > computer?
> > > The config page is only available on eric4 4.2.0 and newer.
> >
> > Now, my computer just have 1 eric 4.2.1. Before install eric 4.2.1 by
> > manually, i did installation via Synaptic of Ubuntu 8.04, it installs the
> > version 4.1.1 and do not support Django Plugin. So, i do UNinstall
> > eric4.1.1 and try to install eric4.2.1.
> >

> Cab you try to debug the problem on your side because over here it works
> ok.
> Please check the version numbers first (Help->Show Versions...). If that
> doesn't show something strange, please try to determine, why the Django
> config page isn't loaded (exception raised?).

The version and exception are:
An unhandled exception occurred. Please report the problem using the error
reporting dialog or via email to <eric4-bugs at die-offenbachs.de>. A log has
been written to "/home/ngovu/.eric4/eric4_error.log".
Error information:
2008-10-02, 13:49:40
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>:
argument 1 of QVariant() has an invalid type
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/Preferences/ConfigurationDialog.py",
line 377, in __showConfigurationPage
self.showConfigurationPageByName(pageName)
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/Preferences/ConfigurationDialog.py",
line 411, in showConfigurationPageByName
page = self.__initPage(pageData)
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/Preferences/ConfigurationDialog.py",
line 388, in __initPage
page = pageData[2](self)
File "/home/ngovu/.eric4/eric4plugins/PluginProjectDjango.py", line 65, in
createDjangoPage
page = DjangoPage(djangoPluginObject)
File
"/home/ngovu/.eric4/eric4plugins/ProjectDjango/ConfigurationPage/DjangoPage.py",
line 53, in __init__
self.__plugin.getPreferences("ConsoleCommand"))
File "/home/ngovu/.eric4/eric4plugins/PluginProjectDjango.py", line 299, in
getPreferences
QVariant(self.__defaults[key])).toString()
Version Numbers:
Python 2.5.2
Qt 4.3.4
PyQt4 4.3.3
sip 4.7.3
QScintilla 2-snapshot-20070923
eric4 4.2.1 (r2426)
Platform: linux2
2.5.2 (r252:60911, Jul 31 2008, 17:28:52)
[GCC 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)]

Thanks, i will try!

Best Regards,
-LN