[Eric] Eric4 and MS Vista

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Sep 11 17:09:53 BST 2008

On Donnerstag, 11. September 2008, Mikhail Parfenov wrote:
> Hi! I'm install Eric 4.2.1 on MS Vista, and next case happened:
> 1. DebugerServer(QTcpServer) started used IPv6 address [::1]
> 2. DebugerClient started used IPv4 address [127.0.0.1]
> 3. In result in Eric.StdErr appearence next message: connection refuse
> 10061
>
> For normal start Eric i'm patched my eric installation file replace string
> 108:]
>
> hostAddress = QHostAddress(Preferences.getDebugger("NetworkInterface"))

What does "Preferences.getDebugger("NetworkInterface")" return?

> by next string:
>
> hostAddress = QHostAddress('127.0.0.1').
>
> In this case DebugerServer start on IPv4 address and DebugerClient
> succsesfull connect on.

Was there anything else changed (e.g. you changed to administrator)? I heard
from one guy in the past, that he had a problem when eric was started without
admin rights. Maybe some local Vista policy is in the way. Unfortunately I
don't have any Vista around (and will not for the time being unless somebody
contributes an official license).