[Eric] eric4 open file always 'modified'

David Joyner d4ljoyn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 11:23:13 GMT 2009

Running version eric4-4.2.5(r2785), python 2.5.1, Windows XP editing
any file at all (in other words just displaying a file in the editor)
causes eric4 to believe that the file has modifications, so it prompts
to save, discard, abort every file when closing.  If I open file in
the editor, make no changes, and then File|Save, no prompt is issued.

Just to test a bit I opened eric4.py instead of one of my own files
and it behaves the same way.

Is this a line ending or 'tabs to spaces' issue? maybe?