[Eric] Re: Eric Digest, Vol 33, Issue 10

Jaime Seuma jaims.seuma at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 12:55:04 GMT 2009

>    2. has anyone successfully run eric using the PyQt4-4.5
>       snapshots? (Darren Dale)

Using pyqt_version_str':  '4.4.2' here, and it works alright.

One concern, though: I have installed Qt 4.5.0, and seems that eric4
can't run; it complains about QScintilla.
I downloaded and compiled against Qt 4.5.0 the latest QScintilla
version, but eric4 doesn't work (it complains about not finding the
entry point for the _ZN13QsciScintilla10........FoldStyleE in the dll
qscintilla2.dll).

Luckily, I kept my previous Qt install (4.4.0), and if I lanch eric4
from a .bat file, resetting path to Qt 4.4.0, it happily runs.

All of this in WinXP, Python25.

Cheers