[Eric] question about installing from svn

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 21:03:32 GMT 2009

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Detlev Offenbach
<detlev at die-offenbachs.de>wrote:

> On Samstag, 21. März 2009, Darren Dale wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to install eric from the svn checkout, but it looks like the
> > checkout is not structured the way install.py expects it to be:
> >
> > $ sudo python install.py
> > Compiling debugger files.
> > Listing eric ...
> > Can't list eric
> >
> > Installing eric4 ...
> > IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'eric/eric4.pth'
> > Try install as root.
> >
> > there is no eric/ directory next to install.py, it looks like everything
> > that should be in trunk/eric is in trunk/. Have I missed something?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Darren
>
> The svn checkout is the development source. You can run it without
> installation by cd into that directory and do python eric4.py. In order to
> get an installation package I am running a shell script, that does some
> cleanup and tweaks to the code.

I have installed the March 20 PyQt-4.5 snapshot and its dependencies, run a
few of the PyQt4 examples and the QScintilla qt4 example without problems,
but I can't launch Eric4. I get segfaults with both the svn sources and with
the 4.3.1 release. My system is 64-bit kubuntu jaunty, Qt-4.5. I also tested
last week on the same computer with kubuntu intrepid and Qt-4.4.3 and saw
segfaults there as well.

Is there anything I can do to help track down the problem?

Darren