[Eric] Debugger problem

Jochen Deibele eric-ide at jochen.deibele.de
Wed May 20 21:18:54 BST 2009

Hi!

Am Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2009 19:19:57 schrieb Detlev Offenbach:
> On Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2009, Jochen Deibele wrote:
> > I have to files one defining a class (apackage.py) and another
> > instantiating that class (aCallingfile.py). I put a breakpoint in
> > apackage.py (line 3), debug the script (F5) and the breakpoint works. I
> > put a breakpoint in a method of the class (line 3) call the method from
> > aCallingfile, debug the script (F5) but the breakpoint is ignored. Am I
> > doing something wrong?
> > I attached a testcase.
> >
> > I have also two files in a project and try debugging the project with the
> > same strange behaviour.
> >
> > I'm using eric 4.3.3 on linux.
> >
> > Does anybody experience the same? Any help is appreciated!
> Works for me.

Well, sadly definitly still not for me.

If it was unclear above: I want to break in a method of the class if I debug
the aCallingfile.py.
If I put a breakpoint in the class method in apackage.py and then start
debugging aCallingfile it
is happily executed, the output string is written to the prompt and I get a
message that the script has finished with status 0 - but it doesn't break.

What could be wrong? Are there some preferences which I could try?

Thank you in advance,
Jochen