[Eric] Easing deploy of Eric?

Robert Withrow witr-sender-cf3b11 at rwwa.com
Wed May 27 16:32:58 BST 2009

Maybe I'm the only one who cares, but I'm curious why the two most
common deploy mechanisms for python software are not used by Eric.  It
seems like having Eric in these places would make it easier to deploy
and would increase the user base...

    * http://pypi.python.org/pypi (and easy_install).
    * Updated packages for distros.  For example, for ubuntu you can
      only get the package that was current when the OS was released.
      Updated packages aren't available via apt in any repo I can find.
      Maybe it is different with RH or other distros?

I realize this would be work for someone.  I'm just a lowly user.

P.S.: I also broached this topic earlier about PPAs:
http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/eric/2009-May/001824.html

Sorry if I'm wasting time.

--
Robert Withrow, R.W. Withrow Associates