[Eric] File opening default filter

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Aug 12 08:38:56 BST 2010

On Donnerstag, 12. August 2010, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using eric4-4.4.7 (r3805) and what a fine program it is!
>
> When trying to open a file, I am presented with a drop-down list
> which by default gives a "batch file" filter for files.  I think a more
> general default filter would be "All Files".
>
> I would like to set the filter  to "Python", as that is what I use Eric
> for.
>
> I feel sure that in that massive "Settings -> Preferences" listing
> there is an option to change the default file filter.  Regretfully,
> I can not find it.  Would you help, please?

It is on the Editor->Filehandling page. Please be aware, that it has no effect
on Linux systems using a KDE dialog wrapper for Qt because KDE dialogs work
different from Qt dialogs. In that case, you should disable the usage of these
wrappers (unfortunately I don't know how) or use the wrappers of eric4 (if
PyKDE4 is installed). The internal wrappers handle the filter preselection
right.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de