[Eric] Mac Fonts and Keyboard Shortcuts

detlev detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Jan 18 18:24:47 GMT 2010

On Montag, 18. Januar 2010, Larry Shaffer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm seeing two issues with the latest eric4-4.4.0 on my Mac, otherwise it's
> running great:
>
> 1) Keyboard Shortcuts
>
> Any adjustment to Keyboard Shortcuts (editing, importing, etc.) causes the
> shortcuts to be written to the eric4.ini file, which causes the initialized
> default shortcuts and alternates for 'vm_edit_insert_line' (return, enter)
> and 'vm_edit_insert_line_below' (shift-return, shift-enter) to be written
>  as the same for both their shortcut and alternate.
>
> In other words, 'vm_edit_insert_line' becomes (return, return) and
> 'vm_edit_insert_line_below' (shift-return, shift-return), which immediately
> makes the editor unusable because any new line raises the following error:
>
> Warning: QAction::eventFilter: Ambiguous shortcut overload: ?
>
> The customized shortcuts that were added work, but on change, the shortcut
> saving writer is treating 'enter' synonymous to 'return' on my Mac and
> consistently writes the ambiguous duplicate alternative shortcuts.

What do you get, if you reassign "Enter" as the alternate shortcut in the
shortcuts dialog? If it shows Return, than it is a Mac problem. Please try
QKeySequence for these entries.

Unfortunately I do not own a Mac and cannot test it.
> workaround in ViewManager.py is to nix the default alternative shortcuts
> (attached). This works, only after deleting the incorrect alternatives
>  saved in eric4.ini and re-launching, but it's not a fix for the problem.
>
> 2) Fonts
>
> Since moving over to the new 4.4.0 stable version I can no longer change
>  any font settings. Worked with the previous unstable version. Everything
>  is stuck on Lucida Grande, 13 pt, which is probably the system's default,
>  and looks nice, but not monospaced.

That is even stranger because there was no change in this area between last
unstable and stable release.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de