[Eric] Activating plugins installed locally?

Giacomo Alzetta giacomo.alzetta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 13:51:07 BST 2010

Hello,
I wanted to try the pylint plug-in, but I discovered that eric4 won't
activate it because it isn't installed system-wide, but only in my user
directory.

Is there any way to make it run without installing it system-wide?

I tried to read the sources of the PluginManager, looking for a workaround,
but I didn't really understand well how it checks whether an external
resource is avaiable or not, but I think it simply checks if the executable
is avaiable under the system bins directories, am I right?

In fact I noticed that, for PyEnchant, it simply tries to import it and
retrieve its location,
but what about the other plug-ins?
My pylint is avaiable on both PYTHONPATH and PATH, therefore it should work
without problems.

Is there any chance to have eric check also user directories?
Maybe adding the configuration for the paths where eric should look for
these resources...

Thank you,
Giacomo.