[Eric] Issue with non-english text in Django plugin

detlev detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Jun 20 09:11:33 BST 2010

On Samstag, 19. Juni 2010, Игорь Митренко wrote:
> I'm sorry, my first letter was sent before I passed registration, so it
> seems to be ignored.
>
> Here it is:
> > Hello.
> > I've got a weird behavior with django plugin. Speaking more precisely,
> > it's the weird behavior of Django template highlighting.
> >
> > If I use my national alphabet in templates, there occur some strange
> > things -
> > Firstly, some letters don't look correctly - they look like if file from
> > different encoding was opened as utf-8.
> > Consequently, following highlighting works incorrectly - words in text
> > have letters of different colors.
> >
> > It's better to see once, so here is the link to screenshot:
> > http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/778/snapshotjn.png
> > It's definitely not a file encoding problem - I've got the same if I
> > wrote file from the beginning.
> > Everything looks fine it I switch language in editor's menu from "Django"
> > to another value, Python or PHP, for example.
> >
> > My Eric version is 4.4.3 (r3698), but I think it doesn't matter in this
> > case. Django plugin's version is 2.1.0
> >
> > I'd be happy if you give me any advise on how to figure out, how to fix
> > this.

There might be two different issues.

1. The encoding was set to utf-8-default, which means, no suitable encoding
was detected and eric simply chose the default setting. My question is, was
enhanced encoding detection activated on the Editor->Filehandling page of the
config dialog? What is the correct encoding of the file? Would you please send
it.

2. The styling may be wrong. Please check, if selecting "Alternative:
Django/Jinja" as the lexer language (via edittor context menu) gives a correct
highlighting.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de