[Eric] Configuring Python path in Eric

michael.rans at nomura.com michael.rans at nomura.com
Wed Jun 23 09:34:59 BST 2010

Hi,

I have a large project that has various Subversion branches which I need
to switch between (production, development and so forth). Consequently,
I want to be able to set the Python path per project.

For example, if I load the production project, I want the Python path to
include the production code, if I load the development project, it
should include the development code.

The code is heavily dependent on Python modules, so for each project
there is a src and a test folder that need to be added to the Python
path.

I have not been able to find anywhere to set or append to the Python
path in Eric.

Currently I've had to use the awful hack of having an Eric batch file
that sets the path before loading Eric. As a result, I must reload Eric
for each project using a different batch file. Yuk!

1. Does Eric have the facility to set or change the Python path?
2. If not, why not?
3. If not, is there a better workaround than the one I have come up
with?

Cheers,
Mike

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential, may contain
proprietary or privileged information and is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action
on the basis of information in this e-mail and must delete all copies.
Nomura will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or
completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in, this
e-mail. If verification is sought please request a hard copy. Any reference
to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as preliminary only
and subject to formal written confirmation by Nomura. Nomura reserves the
right to monitor e-mail communications through its networks (in accordance
with applicable laws). No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by
Nomura by any mistransmission of this e-mail. Any reference to "Nomura" is
a reference to any entity in the Nomura Holdings, Inc. group. Please read
our Electronic Communications Legal Notice which forms part of this e-mail:
http://www.Nomura.com/email_disclaimer.htm