[Eric] eric-api.py doesn't work for me

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 17:30:00 GMT 2010

Hi list,
I'm quite new to the world of eric. I'm using eric4 on python 2.6, and I
would like to generate some APIs for my installed modules, in particolar
Django, and some others.
I suppose I have to use eric-api.py to do it. Here is what I've tried:

> eric-api.py -r -o django.api django

it creates django.api without errors, but it's empty. The fact that I don't
receive errors seems it can "see" django, but the parsing returns empty
classe and functions dictionaries for the module. I've seen it setting a pdb
breakpoint before line 244 in eric-api.py (module =
Utilities.ModuleParser.readModule(file,basename = basename, inpackage =
inpackage)).

What am I missing? Isn't this generator supposed to work this way?
thanks a lot,
giovanni