[Eric] eric4 problem on Vista: pythonw.exe has stopped working

Francesco Biccari biccari at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 13:56:25 GMT 2010

Hello,

I am a new user of eric4.

I use Windows Vista 32 bit.
I installed in order Python 2.6.5 (Windows installer), Qt
(qt-sdk-win-opensource-2010.02.1.exe file,
maybe it was not necessary because PyQt already have all the needed files),
PyQt (PyQt-Py2.6-gpl-4.7.2-1.exe) and eric4 (eric4-4.4.2).

Everything, except for eric4, works fine (even simple program with
some Qt widgets).

eric4 works well but when I close the program, a Windows pop-up
appears saying: "pythonw has stopped working".
I try to edit the file eric4.bat substituting pythonw with python but
the error becomes "python has stopped working".

Moreover, just for your information, when I launch the script
eric4.bat a DOS window remains opened.
I think this is wrong because pythonw is exactly used for this porpouse, right?

I would like to solve this very annoying problem.
Thank you for your help.
Regards.
Francesco