[Eric] Unable to install eric5-5.0-snapshot-20100508

M. Bashir Al-Noimi mbnoimi at gmx.com
Wed May 12 15:00:54 BST 2010

Hello again,

On 11/05/2010 07:04 م, detlev wrote:
> On Dienstag, 11. Mai 2010, M. Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> when I tried to install eric5-5.0-snapshot-20100508 I got the following
>>
>> error:
>>
>>> Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: can't initialize sys standard streams
>>> TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
>>>
>>> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
>>> unusual way.
>>> Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>>>
>> *How I can fix this issue?*
>>
>> PS
>> In the attachment file you can find my procedures log.
>>

> Can you start a simple python interpreter in the command window?

I filed a bug report for this issue at issue8693
<http://bugs.python.org/issue8693?@ok_message=msg%20105576%20created%3Cbr%3Eissue%208693%20message_count%2C%20messages%20edited%20ok&@template=item>,
now python works correctly (I tried to run many pyhton apps in addition
to PyQt Examples and Demos), so I installed eric5 and it done
successfully but I eric5 itself crashed although I could run
eric5-configure, eric5-compare, eric5-editor, eric5-qregexp.. etc.

How I can fix this issue?

Is there any way for tracking eric5's run process? because I don't know
how to get running log although I tried to run eric5 manually from PyQt
directory as shown below:

C:\Documents and Settings\bashir>cd /d C:\Python31\Lib\site-packages\eric5

C:\Python31\Lib\site-packages\eric5>python eric5.py

C:\Python31\Lib\site-packages\eric5>

--
Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi