[Eric] Eric stealing focus constantly

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 17:15:08 BST 2010

I am using Eric 4.4.2 to do python programming, and am having a
problem with focus stealing.  When I run the python program, Eric
constantly steals focus.  I can still work with other windows with the
mouse, but anything I type goes to the Eric code editing area.  It
seems to happen with exceptions, but I am not sure.  The Eric task
manager icon is also labeled as wanting attention.  I am using KDE 4.4
and have turned Eric's window-specific focus stealing prevention to
high.  Any ideas on how I can fix this?  Thanks.

-Todd