[Eric] Problems with PyQt 4.7.5 ???

Zhu Sha Zang zhushazang at yahoo.com.br
Thu Sep 2 14:29:59 BST 2010

 I've upgraded my PyQt 4.7.4 to 4.7.5 and sip from 4.10.5 to 4.11 and
receive this message whe try to reinstall eric 5.0.1

[root at sakurazukamori ~rodolfo/Downloads/eric5-5.0.1]$ python3.1
install.py
10:26
Checking dependencies
Python Version: 3.1.2
Found PyQt
An internal error occured.  Please report all the output of the program,
including the following traceback, to
eric5-bugs at eric-ide.python-projects.org.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 830, in <module>
    main(sys.argv)
  File "install.py", line 744, in main
    doDependancyChecks()
  File "install.py", line 551, in doDependancyChecks
    from PyQt4 import Qsci
RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v8.0 but the PyQt4.Qsci
module requires API v7.1

Only warning other linux users!

Att