[Eric] problems with eric5 and lxde

Zhu Sha Zang zhushazang at yahoo.com.br
Thu Sep 9 19:28:35 BST 2010

 Em 09-09-2010 14:56, Detlev Offenbach escreveu:
> On Thursday 09 September 2010, Zhu Sha Zang wrote:
>>  I'm used kde-4.4.4 at now only to show the "users" of my network the
>> power of linux against windows 7. This doesn't matter to me, only a free
>> show destkop.
>>
>> But now, i'm tired about hight consuption of resources of KDE and
>> restarted to use LXDE.
>>
>> I've used LXDE one year later but ERIC is more recent. Never both together.
>>
>> But, when i try to start eric5-5.0.2 the lxde simply die. I can't do
>> nothing. Keyboard and mouse answer, but none menu work any more. I can
>> make a Ctrl+Alt+F2 to see errors on console, but how i can find the
>> "bug" and report better this problem?
>>

>> I've downgraded PyQt4, sip and qscintilly before reinstall eric5.
>>

>> dev-python/PyQt4-4.7.3
>> dev-python/sip-4.10.2
>> dev-python/qscintilla-python-2.4.3
>> x11-libs/qscintilla-2.4.3
>>
>> Thanks for attention
> Try starting eric5 in a terminal window. Maybe this gives some indication. I
> have never tested it with LXDE (and probably won't in the near future).
> Volunteers wanted.
>
> Detlev
Damn, if i try to start eirc5 inside xterm (for example) he start normaly.
I thought that can be a problem like a thirst use of a new installation
then i erased my ~/.eric5 and tried again cos i have opened eric5 inside
fluxbox. Tried again, opened again. Then i tried open like when problems
occour. Using F2, and running the command eric5. Desktop colapsed again.

I'll use fluxbox. But, warning other eric5 (future lxde) users.

Bye.