[Eric] Problem with Eric5 and cxfreeze plugin

Tomas Sobota tom at sobota.net
Fri Apr 22 15:37:10 BST 2011

Hi,

I installed Eric5-5.1.1 together with Python 3.2 on a Win XP machine.
Everything seems to work nicely, even if I'm just starting to learn Eric.

My question is this: in the Eric5 plugin repository I found a plugin for
cx-freeze. It is a file called
Plugin_Packager_CxFreeze-snapshot-20100724.tar.gz. Since seemingly Eric5
expects zip files on Windows, I repackaged this fil a zip file. But when I
attempt to install itfrom inside Eric, I get this message:
"Installing C:/Documents and
Settings/Tom/_eric5/Downloads/Plugin_Packager_CxFreeze-snapshot-20100724.zip

The plugin module
Plugin_Packager_CxFreeze-snapshot-20100724/CxFreeze/CxfreezeConfigDialog.pydoes
not contain a 'packageName' attribute. Aborting..."

I have the latest version of cxfreeze installed.

So, I attempted to install the other two or three plugins available, stable
and unstable, and each one gives the same diagnostic about 'packageName'
missing and refuses to install.

Any clue?

Thanks

Tom